Saturday 6 September 2008

Che at Capitol


Walking down the Gran Via towards Plaza de España, there are some pretty colourful 70's style big lights. Remind me of stuff I have seen on old postcards of Piccadilly Circus. I fancied capturing the adverts for the new films, especially 'Che el Argentino". The film will only debut once and stuff like adverts and the likes are a real sign o the times, especially when looking back on your work. I still haven't found out if I can see a subtitled version of Che. 

So aside from going out for another wander and studying some activity in several plaza's in preparation for some shooting on Monday, I went to a Thai chain place that I'd been to before. It was around 8.45pm and I was the only one in there!!!

I then went to the department store El Corte Ingles and bought a stove top espresso maker as I can't stand anymore cheap Nescafe instant crap. Ok, I'm gonna make some now and watch Ferris Bueller's day off. Tomorrow I will be up early to visit the famed flea market, El Rastro in La Latina. I will hopefully come back with some work I am pleased with. I did last time I was here...

Oh, and last night I watched A Clockwork Orange. What a film!!! I've seen it a few times before but totally forgot how it ended. I couldn't stop laughing at the Ultraviolence and rape scenes. It was the best laugh I had in ages...the last time I laughed like that at a film was when watching the skinheads beat up the shop keeper in "This is England". Wrong I know, but fuck, it just makes me laugh!!!


No comments: