Wednesday 3 September 2008

In the Garden of Serenity 1 Sep 08


Today, I just needed to get out of the house and fall asleep in a park. So I headed of to good old El Retiro. After taking my cousin to see Palacio Crystal and El Diablo Statue (the only public statue of Satan in the world!), we went to take a look at the Botanical Gardens nearby, stopping off...sadly to say...at McD's. If you don't eat by 3.30 to 4pm then you are generally buggered for food until places open at around 8pm again. 


Some flowers and strange fruit. Strangely enough, one of the flowers was called El Diablo (The Devil).

The gardens were pretty full but the greenhouses which replicated tropical and semi-tropical climates were best. There was some pretty weird and spiky rain-forest vegetation going on! 


The Cacti were cool. Some were in flower which I believe is very rare!






On the way back I passed this Church which I think is called Iglesia de San Jeronimo El Real. I took this as a test shot as I'd like to return and shoot someone against the walls! 




No comments: