Thursday 4 September 2008

Toledo Sculpture Thu 4 Sep 08

Got up early at 8 after 6 hours sleep and headed off to the Station del Sur to catch a bus to the walled city of Toledo. Unlike the UK, several operators work out of the same station. It took me 3 attempts to work out who I needed to buy the ticket from.On the Metro, I saw an ad for an exhibition by Edward Steichen, the 50's society and fashion photographer. I saw some of his work and the Vanity Fair exhibition at London's Portrait Gallery. I hope to go tomorrow.

This guy waiting for a bus caught my eye...



I slept pretty much all the way and woke up as the bus pulled into Toledo station. It's just outside the city walls. The old City is up a big steep hill. There was a pretty important looking junior cycling championship going on by the looks of things...



Modern cubist/geometrical sculpture features heavily throughout the town, making a striking statement juxtaposed with ancient battlements and castle walls










No comments: